Projects Using the Tatoeba Corpus
Japanese and English Study
I only use a selected set of sentences from the Tatoeba Corpus
- I proofread all the English sentences I use, and only use sentences by native speakers of the other languages, since there are errors in the Tatoeba Corpus.
- I have attempted to filter out sentences that are potentially offensive and not appropriate for all ages. If you find anything I missed, please let me know. (Send a message via kelly.reachby.com)
Attribution / License
- Though the source data is available under the CC BY license, the pages on this website have been edited and are copyrighted.
- If you would also like to do a project using this corpus, you can get the source data from their downloads page.
Tatoeba.org is a Multilingual Corpus of Sentence Equivalents
- Tatoeba.org is a large database of example sentences translated into many languages by its members who volunteer their time. Many of the sentences came from the Tanaka Corpus which was imported into the Tatoeba Corpus.
- You, too, can easily become a member and help make corrections and additions.
- If you do become a member, I highly recommend that you ONLY contribute sentences in your own native language, translating from a foreign language that you know.
- It's very easy to sound natural in your own native language, and very easy to sound unnatural in your non-native language.
Others Using the Tatoeba Corpus
This page is part of www.manythings.org, www.manythings.org/japanese and ケリー兄弟のインターネット上の英語教材.