Charles Kelly's Online Japanese Language Study Materials
These are free-to-use online materials that I have developed to help people learn Japanese.
I am a long-term resident of Japan. I came to Japan when I was four years old.
- Japanese-English Quizzes in Romaji
- You can use these even if your computer doesn't support Japanese characters.
- Matching Quizzes and Multiple-choice Quizzes Using Only Romaji
- Japanese Kana Quizzes
- Multiple-choice Vocabulary Quizzes Using Only Kana
- Kanji Study
- Multiple-choice Vocabulary Quizzes on Words Using Kanji
- Quizzes on 516 High Frequency Japanese Family Names (Surnames).
- Top 2,000 Kanji List Compiled by Paul Battley in 2003
- Words from Japanese Newspapers in Order of Frequency
- Multiple-choice Vocabulary Quizzes Sorted by Frequency of Word Use.
- CGI Flashcards: Randomly Chosen Japanese Words for Reading Practice
- Each time you load the page you will get a random selection of words from the 17,155 words using kanji that were marked as commonly-used (P) in EDICT.
- Reading Japanese Signs
- Practice reading Japanese signs.
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test Vocabulary Lists
- Vocabulary Multiple-choice Quizzes, Matching Quizzes, and Flashcards.
- Also, Vocabulary Study Lists Linked to Online Dictionaries
- Daily Startup (Home) Page for Students of Japanese
- Get 36 kanji characters a day.
- Choose your own level or as many levels as you would like to cover each day.
- You'll be able to see all the 1,908 selected kanji characters several times a year.
- Also included are 3 major English search engines, 3 major Japanese search engines and some Japanese reading tools, so it will make a useful "home" page for you.
- Japanese Reading and Translation Practice
Read Japanese sentences with kanji introduced in the order of frequency of use.
- Quiz on Words Usually Written in Kana
A fun challenge even for Japanese native speakers.
- Help with Searches for J-Pop on YouTube.com
- Easily search musicians' names with [G]oogle or with [Y]ouTube.
- Japanese Word Frequency Lists
- A Select List of Japanese Language Study Sites
- I tried to make a list of links limited to just the "very best" sites.
- 四字熟語 - For Advanced Students
- If you use the menu at the top of the page, you can find other things, too.
Related Things I Have Created for Other Websites
- How to Speak Nagoya-Ben
- A Lesson in Speaking the Nagoya Dialect of Japanese
- A friend and I wrote this for the 名古屋味噌煮込みマガジン.
- English-Japanese Vocabulary Quizzes (iteslj.org/v/j)
- On this site, you can find some more of my vocabulary quizzes as well as quizzes written by others.
- 毎日の英単語クイズ (Daily English Vocabulary Quizzes)
- These are quizzes I put online for Japanese who are studying English.
- Be aware that these are designed for studying English, not Japanese. However, you might find these interesting.
- Matching Quiz: Words You Should Know (362 Dozen)
- This is a matching quiz I wrote for Japanese who are studying English.
- There are 362 dozens of matches in the main quiz. Perhaps too many to do at one time, so each time you return to the page, the words are reshuffled generating different matching quizzes.
- Here are the some of the same words, sorted by level.
- 300 Crossword Puzzles
- I made these for Japanese who are studying English, so they are not really designed for studying Japanese.
However, I thought some visitors might enjoy these, so I've put a link to them from this page.
- High Frequency English Words with English-Japanese Example Sentences
I created this for Japanese who are studying English, but you might find it interesting, too.
And More ...
Copyright © 1995-2015 by Charles Kelly All Rights Reserved.
The material on this web site is meant to be used online from this web site.
Copying material from this web site and putting it on a CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, another web site or intranet is prohibited.