Bilingual Sentence Pairs
Selected Sentences from the Tatoeba Corpus
About These Sentences
- This part of our website uses sentences from the Tatoeba Project. (Read About the Tatoeba Project)
- Please read the warning about the sentences from the Tatoeba Project so you clearly understand that sentences from the Tatoeba Project are not free of errors.
- I have only used English sentences that I have personally proofread and sentences by native speakers of the other languages, so most sentences should be error-free and sound natural. However, there is still a chance that some of these sentences aren't correct.
- I have also attempted to filter out sentences that are potentially offensive and not appropriate for all ages and cultures. If you find something that should be removed, please send me a "bug report."
- These are sorted by length, with the shortest sentences first.
Would you like to help?
- Currently, there are just over 460,000 good, proofread English sentences. About half of these have audio files.
- If you are a native speaker of one of these languages, you can join the Tatoeba Project and help by adding translations for the English sentences that aren't yet translated.
- If your native language isn't here, the Tatoeba Project can add your language.
Do you want the data?
Do you want to browse all the audio?
This page is part of Interesting Things for ESL Students.