The Tatoeba Project
A Corpus of Multilingual Sentence Equivalents
- The Tatoeba Project is a group of people working on a corpus of sentences and their translations
that can used by various projects under the Creative Commons - Attribution 2.0 license.
Using Our Data
You don't need to register to do these things.
Join the Tatoeba Project and Help
The 2 Ways You Can Be the Most Helpful
- You can translate from a foreign language you know into your own native language or strongest language.
- You can create natural-sounding sentences in your own native language for others to translate into their native languages.
Some Basic Rules
(There are more Guidelines and Rules in the Wiki.)
- We want complete sentences.
- We want natural-sounding translations, not word-for-word direct translations.
- Don't add sentences from copyrighted sources.
How to Contribute
- You can translate a sentence by clicking on this icon whenever you see it.
- Please do not forget capital letters and punctuation.
- You can add alternate translations.
- If you feel there are several possible translations, you can add them all.
- You can add comments to sentences.
- If you find a mistake, leave a comment, suggesting a correction.
Register to Become a Contributor
- Now that you have read this short introduction, you can register.