Tab-delimited Bilingual Sentence Pairs
These are selected sentence pairs from the Tatoeba Project.
- If you don't already use Anki, vist the website at http://ankisrs.net/ to download this free application for Macintosh, Windows or Linux.
About These Files
- Any flashcard program that can import tab-delimited text files, such as Anki (free) can use these files.
- Warning! There are errors in the Tatoeba Corpus. (Detailed Warning)
- In order to minimize the number of errors, I only used sentences that were owned by identified native speakers working on the Tatoeba Project and English sentences that I've personally checked and did not reject.
- Warning! Please remember that even doing this may not have eliminated all errors.
How the Data Looks
English + TAB + The Other Language
Tom broke the window. トムは窓を割った。
Tom checked the time. トムは時間を確認した。
How to Import into Anki
See These Sentences Online
More Information about These Sentences
- This part of our website uses sentences from the Tatoeba Project. (Read About the Tatoeba Project)
- I have attempted to filter out sentences that are potentially offensive and not appropriate for all ages and cultures. If you find something that should be removed, please send me a "bug report."
- These are sorted by length, with the shortest sentences first.
This page is part of Interesting Things for ESL Students.