- If you don't already use Anki, vist the website at http://ankisrs.net/ to download this free application for Macintosh, Windows or Linux.
About These Files
- Warning! There are errors in the Tatoeba Corpus. (Detailed Warning)
- In order to minimize the number of errors, I only used sentences that were owned by identified native speakers working on the Tatoeba Project and English sentences that I've personally checked and did not reject.
- Warning! Please remember that even doing this may not have eliminated all errors.
How the Data Looks
The Other Language + TAB + English
僕がこの本を書いたんだ。 I wrote this book. 彼は私の仕事仲間である。 He is my colleague. 彼は銀行で働いています。 He works at a bank.
The Tab-delimited Files
- Any flashcard program that can import tab-delimited text files, such as Anki (free) can use these files.
- The date that these were were last updated is at the top of the tatoeba/anki/_about.txt.
- More information is at the bottom of this page.
|Languages||Downloads||Number of Sentence Pairs||Flags|
|Arabic - English||ara-eng.zip||7,000+||-|
|Belarusian - English||bel-eng.zip||1,000+||-|
|Berber - English||ber-eng.zip||19,000+||-|
|Bulgarian - English||bul-eng.zip||5,000+||-|
|Cantonese - English||yue-eng.zip||1,500+||-|
|Catalan - English||cat-eng.zip||300+||-|
|Chinese - English||cmn-eng.zip||13,000+||-|
|Croatian - English||hrv-eng.zip||300+||-|
|Czech - English||ces-eng.zip||300+||-|
|Danish - English||dan-eng.zip||4,000+||-|
|Dutch - English||nld-eng.zip||9500+||-|
|Finnish - English||fin-eng.zip||1,500+||-|
|French - English||fra-eng.zip||52,500+||-|
|Galician - English||glg-eng.zip||70+||-|
|German - English||deu-eng.zip||75,000+||-|
|Greek - English||ell-eng.zip||70+||-|
|Hebrew - English||heb-eng.zip||32,000+||-|
|Hindi - English||hin-eng.zip||2,500+||-|
|Hungarian - English||hun-eng.zip||4,000+||-|
|Icelandic - English||isl-eng.zip||6,000+||-|
|Indonesian - English||ind-eng.zip||300+||-|
|Italian - English||ita-eng.zip||53,000+||-|
|Japanese - English||jpn-eng.zip||29,000+||-|
|Kurdish - English||kur-eng.zip||20+||-|
|Low Saxon - English||nds-eng.zip||3,000+||-|
|Malayalam - English||mal-eng.zip||400+||-|
|Marathi - English||mar-eng.zip||4,500+||-|
|Norwegian (nob) - English||nob-eng.zip||1,000+||-|
|Norwegian (non) - English||non-eng.zip||100+||-|
|Persian - English||pes-eng.zip||1423||-|
|Polish - English||pol-eng.zip||11,500+||-|
|Portuguese - English||por-eng.zip||30,500+||-|
|Romanian - English||ron-eng.zip||1,000+||-|
|Russian - English||rus-eng.zip||26,000+||-|
|Serbian - English||srp-eng.zip||100+||-|
|Spanish - English||spa-eng.zip||71,500+||-|
|Swedish - English||swe-eng.zip||6,500+||-|
|Tagalog - English||tgl-eng.zip||2,000+||-|
|Tatar - English||tat-eng.zip||20+||-|
|Turkish - English||tur-eng.zip||98,500+||-|
|Ukrainian - English||ukr-eng.zip||10,000+||-|
|Urdu - English||urd-eng.zip||900+||-|
|Uyghur - English||uig-eng.zip||100+||-|
|Vietnamese - English||vie-eng.zip||1,000+||-|
How to Import into Anki
- Go to ankisrs.net and read their documentation.
Screenshot of Anki Import
More Information about These Sentences
- This part of our website uses sentences from the Tatoeba Project. (Read About the Tatoeba Project)
- I have attempted to filter out sentences that are potentially offensive and not appropriate for all ages and cultures. If you find something that should be removed, please send me a "bug report."
- These are sorted by length, with the shortest sentences first.
English-Japanese Anki Deck with English Audio
- 2012-Tatoeba-Englsh-Reading.zip (6,339 cards)
- I put this deck together for an American friend's kid who goes to school in Japanese and needed a little extra help reading English.
- 1. See the English. 2. Try to read it. 3. Click show answer. 4. Hear the English and see the Japanese meaning.
- It may also be helpful for studying Japanese, or for studying English and Japanese at the same time.
- You can choose "Tools > Advanced > Localize Media" and you'll get all the MP3 files on your own hard disk and won't need an internet connection.