English Vocabulary Word Lists with Games, Puzzles and Quizzes
Java Scrambled Word Game
The Basic Colours (British Spellings) (11 of 11 Words)
This game randomly scrambles the letters of the word.
The Java Applet, Copyright © 1999 by Eric Harshbarger
How to Play
- (Wait for the applet to download.)
- Try to guess the word.
- Then click in the applet to show the answer.
- After showing the answer, click again for another randomly-chosen word with scrambled letters.
- This applet will randomly scramble (mix up; jumble) the letters, so sometimes it is possible that the letters will not be scrambled.
- This applet will randomly choose the next word, so sometimes you may get the same word again.
Known Bug: The menu goes behind any Java applet.
This page is part of Interesting Things for ESL Students.