Charles Kelly's Moodle Things
Why the Hack?
- We use the registration as part of our homework for the first lesson.
- We wanted students to submit a certain amount of information right away, so we have the information, even if the students have trouble with the email authentication.
- The submitted information automatically goes into the students' profiles.
- I also wanted to make this bilingual (Japanese and English).
- This is meant to be used with email authentication. If you don't do that, then this hack is of no use to you.
- We also wanted to preset some of the profile options.
- <input type=hidden id="menumaildisplay" name="maildisplay" value="0">
- To protect students' privacy, we wanted to hide email addresses by default from everyone except the teachers.
- <input type=hidden id="menumailformat" name="mailformat" value="0">
- <input type=hidden id="menuautosubscribe" name="autosubscribe" value="0">
- <input type=hidden id="menuhtmleditor" name="htmleditor" value="0">
- This hack includes another hack in which I substituted "Hobby / Interests / Free Time" for "City."
How to Install
- Rename the existing file (login/signup_form.html) to something else, so you can revert to it if you don't like this one.
- Put the "signup_form.html" from this zip file into the "login" folder.