I wrote this for the Moodle Wiki on April 18, 2007, based on Moodle 1.8.
- Go to admin/roles/manage.php?action=edit&roleid=3 (Or you can navigate there by using this route: Administration >> Users >> Permissions >> Define Roles (then click "Teacher")
- Do a "find" in your browser for "course:viewhiddencourses" or browse down to the "Courses" settings.
- Click the 2nd radio button ("Allow")
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Save changes."
This apparently won't work, if the follwoing is true.
- If the admin has hidden previously taught courses by putting them in a hidden category, then teachers will still not be able to view their own hidden courses.
See the Moodle Wiki on this subject.