How can I make one set of files accessible by multiple courses?
Charles Kelly's Moodle Things
Here are several ways.
- The Admin can put them in the °»site files°… area.
- Note that anyone in the world can access these, so they are not private.
- Create a metacourse, then make all courses that need the files "child" courses. Teachers can then link to the metacourse files.
- The Admin can make a non-Moodle directory (folder) within the "/moodle" directory and FTP files to that folder.
- Teachers can put the files on another web server, then link to the files.
Why You Might Want to Do This
- You have quizzes in various courses that need to access the same images, videos or audio files.
- Teachers can easily share quizzes using the "publish" function, but that doesn't share linked (embedded) files, only the text.