Learn to sing folk songs, campfire songs and group-singing songs that native English speakers sing.
Newest "Learn a Song" Podcast
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star - March 23, 2012
Focusing on "linking" pronunciation and the "soft-T."
Learn Songs Using the Teleprompter Player
Lean Songs Using My Vidoes on YouTube
- Any Time
- Winter Season
- New Year's Eve or at the End of Parties
- Auld Lang Syne - Sing Along (Video)
Learn Songs Using the Flash Player
Most of these are excerpts from recordings that I did a many years ago.
- Amazing Grace - A Well-known Hymn
- Camptown Races
- Old Folks at Home (Swanee River)
- Little Liza Jane
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody
- When Johnny Comes Marching Home - Civil War Song
- Old Joe Clark
- The Banks of the Ohio
- You Can't Get to Heaven
- Old Abe Lincoln - Civil War Song
- Cripple Creek
- Uncle Joe - Square Dance Tune
- Buffalo Gals
- Are you going to ...?
This is not a traditional song. I wrote this one to help my students practice this sentence pattern.
Complete Podcasts Converted to Flash
If you don't see the play button when you go to one of these pages, please reload the page and you should be able to see the play button.
- First, listen and repeat to learn the words and the melody.
- Then sing the whole song.
- Baa, Baa, Black Sheep (1:16)
- B-I-N-G-O (1:02)
- John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt (1:05)
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart (2:32)
- Swanee River (Old Folks at Home) (3:04)
- The Noble Duke of York (1:41)
- Oh When the Saints Go Marchin' In (1:21)
Previous Podcasts Split and Converted to FlashThe "listen and repeat" part and the "sing the whole song" part have been split into two files.
- Auld Lang Syne
- Cluck Old Hen
- Won't You Come Home, Bill Bailey?