Using the "English Study" Shuffles
Please don't use your iPod Shuffle with iTunes.
We have set up the iPod Shuffles so that you can use them with any computer. With iTunes, the iPod Shuffle can only load MP3 files from one computer. If you try to load MP3 files from another computer, all MP3 files will be deleted.
This is how we have set up the iPod Shuffles.
This is how to add more files to your iPod Shuffle.
- In the non-shuffled mode, the MP3 files will be played in the order they appear when listed alphabetically.
- You can change this order by putting the files in appropriately named folders or by renaming your files.
- See how we put the "special_english.mp3" podcast file in the "A001" folder, so in the non-shuffled mode it will play before the "study" MP3 files in the "Audio" folder.
- We recommend that you put the MP3 files that you want to hear after you study in "B001" or "B002". You can make more folders if you need to.
This is how to get the newest "Special English" broadcast on your iPod Shuffle.
- Download VOA's Special English MP3 file by RIGHT-CLICKing the on Windows or OPTION-CLICKing the link on Macintosh.
- Then put this file into the "A001" folder, so you can hear it first in the non-shuffled mode.
- There is a new 30 minute MP3 file every day.
Don't forget to "rebuild the database." ! ! ! !
- After adding all the new files, you must double-click "rebuild_db-0.06-pre2.py" on any computer with Python installed. (Macintosh, etc.) or run "rebuild_db.exe" on Windows.
- If you install "python-2.4.1" on your Windows computer, then you can also use the newer "rebuild_db-0.06-pre2.py" on your Windows computer.
- If you don't run the "rebuild_db" program, then you won't hear the new MP3 files.