How to Play
- Wait until the Java applet has loaded.
- Warning! The first time you play this game it will be slow. After you play one game, it will be faster.
- Click inside the Java applet (the box above) to begin.
- Type the letters which you think are in the "mystery word."
- If you make 5 wrong guesses, the penguin will be hanged and you will see the correct answer.
- Click inside the Java applet (the box above) to play again.
- Start with the most commonly-used letters, "e" or "t"
- Remember every word needs a vowel: a, e, i, o, u
- Remember commonly-seen letter combinations: th, nd, ing, st, ch, ...
Go to Java Hangman Games or Interesting Things for ESL Students.
Copyright (C) 1999 by Charles Kelly
This is Charles Kelly's modification of The Hangman Applet 1.3 is by Patrick Chan.