See Today's Page.
Daily Page for Students of English
What Is This Page?
This page changes every day and has things such as "Proverb of the Day", "Word of the Day", and "Slang of the Day".
How to Use the Page
- You can bookmark it and visit it every day or as often as you can.
- You can make it your startup page and see it every time you start up your browser.
- Netscape 4
- Get the menu item: Edit --> Preferences --> Navigator
- Put http://www.manythings.org/daily/ in "Home page location".
- Explorer 4
- Get the menu item: Edit --> Preferences --> Home/Search
- Put http://www.manythings.org/daily/ in "Home page" --> "Address".
- Click "Automatically go to ...."
- Other Browsers
- You should be able to set the "home page" location somewhere in the "preferences" or the "options".
The Contents of the Page
The page usually contains only 1 or 2 of the following each day.
We keep the page small so that it will quickly load into your computer.
- Proverb of the Day
- Slang of the Day
- Word of the Day
- Idiom of the Day
- Mystery Word Puzzle of the Day
- Anagram of the Day
- Sentence Pattern of the Day
- Link of the Day
- A Link to a Quiz for the Day
The Design of the Page
- The page contains no advertising.
- The page is image-free to promote fast downloading.
- We have included three of the most popular search engines on the page for use by those who want to make it their startup page.
Copyright (C) 1998 by Charles I. Kelly & Lawrence E. Kelly
This is part of Interesting Things for ESL Students.